Monday, January 18, 2010

Great Worship Team

I am part of an excellent worship team. From the people in the tech booth to the person playing the drums, the individuals that I lead worship with every week are simply outstanding.

What makes them so great? Their talent? Their ability to lead? Their heart for God and the church? Yes, yes, and yes. But, what I experienced yesterday was another shining example of the quality of team that I work with.

I made the song list early in the week. We had our typical Wednesday night rehearsal. Everything went well and I anticipated a powerful worship service. Then, early Sunday morning, I was informed that two of the four singers were sick. These two singers were responsible leading a couple of the songs (including a violin solo and leading the song I blogged about last week, Healer).

When I arrived to our early Sunday morning rehearsal, I shuffled up the team. I gave a vocal mic to a guitarist and used the keyboard player as a vocalist. The other two vocals were asked to sing a little more as well.

The result? A home run. The team did an outstanding job and the congregation freely worshiped God. Healer went great and I believe many were able to expresses genuine worship to God.

Here are some comments that I received when I came into work this morning (from e-mails and Sunday cards):
- Worship today was really good. Way to go!
- Wonderful praise & worship! This week I've been dealing with healing from some issues. Worship really ministered to me...
- Thank you for a wonderful worship service today.
- Thank you for being vessels God works through.


It is nice to be part of a team that can be flexible through adversity with a genuine heart of service for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment