Saturday, January 9, 2010

God's Creation

Here is a question that you can ask yourself - How does God's creation call for us to worship Him?

My response: God is everywhere and can do anything. “Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account (Hebrews 4:13).” He created us and we are here because of His desire. With His supernatural abilities to be anywhere, I am in wonder and amazement that God would choose to love me and have a relationship with me.

As I ponder God’s handiwork, I fall to my knees in worship. As Vernan Whaley stated in his book (Worship Matters), God created light and a picture of what He can do for me through the cross of Christ (pg. 13). I can rest assured that I am chosen and belong to God. I can declare His praises who brought me out of darkness and into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:8)!

As I stand outside and watch the snow fall on the ground, I am reminded of God’s magnificent wisdom. He has order and makes plans that will always work. Seasons come and go, yet there is nothing that surprises Him. Everything, from the birds of the air to the fish in the sea, display God’s wisdom and order. As I stand outside and worship the Lord in His creation, I recite what Job said to God, “My ears had heard of You but now my eyes have seen You (Job 42:5).”

In addition, the fact that God created man and wanted a relationship with him is astonishing. He could have stopped with the sun and moon and stars. To take it one step further and think that God has chosen me is amazing. He wants this relationship to last forever! My worship is best described in what is written in the Psalms, “One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple (Psalm 27:4).”

No comments:

Post a Comment