Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Great Sunday

Yesterday, our worship service was excellent. I said this last week (and I will say it again) - I am part of a great team.

I want to highlight 3 things from Sunday's worship experience - (1) Tech booth, (2) Band, and (3) Singers.

The unsung heroes of a production are usually the people you do not see. Yesterday, Pete, Kevin, and Lisa did an outstanding job with the sound, computer, and lights. We had fast and slow songs, solos from different singers and instruments, contrast in lighting, and appropriate changes with the overall presentation from the computer. Way to use Pandora in place of our missing iPod!!!

The band was solid. Dan and Mandi did great with the piano/keys (nice solos and high octave playing), Ken nailed the electric guitar parts, Mike's drumming was terrific (sounded just like the recordings), and Josh (bass) and Mitchell (ac. guitar) definitely know how to worship and play off each other (I enjoy the interaction on stage, guys!).

Dan, Hannah, Melissa, and Linda did a great job singing and leading the congregation in worship. The different solos were very well done. They covered the parts, vocally gelled, and brought appropriate attention to God. My favorite part was hearing the 3 ladies sing, I'd Rather Have Jesus.

Here are some comments I received from people:
- You guys were phenomenal! I had the chills...when the harmonies came in (on I'd Rather Have Jesus), it just did me in.
- The song, He Is Lord, was the best singing I've heard.
- The team did an outstanding job.

Thanks for a great Sunday, team! I am blessed to lead with you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Brian, I just have to say, I absolutely love that picture behind your head on your profile pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I didn't even notice the pic of Mark S. Funny stuff, Trevor!

    ReplyDelete